- Basic Usability Principles and Heuristics
- Discussing real-world examples
- A method to identify usability problems: Heuristic Evaluation
- Start with users: Craft your proto-personas
Consider the following usual cases:
- You want to design your digital product based on usability principles, but you are not sure where to start.
- You have a digital product or service, and you need to identify and fix the most important design problems.
In both the above cases, UX audits and Heuristic Evaluation can help you out. These are highly effective and efficient methods and thousands of UX teams & professionals use around the world. They are very popular due to many reasons:
- They help researchers and designers to easily identify the design weaknesses of existing products.
- They provide quick and relatively inexpensive feedback to product design teams.
- They can be applied at any stage in the digital product design process.
- The learning curve is relatively low
- They help designers to focus on usability principles early in the design process.
- They can be used together with other usability testing methodologies.
We offer a two-part online course where Usability principles and the method of Heuristic Evaluation will be presented, discussed, and practiced on real digital products and services through teamwork and collaborative exercises.
- A list of basic usability principles and heuristics for the design of digital products/services along with real examples.
- A practical method to identify usability problems in any kind of digital product/service (either a single early prototype or a finalized system).
- Practical ways to prioritize and report the findings back to the design team.
This online course is for anyone designing new digital products and services with an emphasis on the following roles:
- UX designers
- Product designers
- Product managers / Product owners
- Junior UX Researchers
- Software developers
- Business owners/ Startuppers
- Perform UX audit on real products/services
- Presentation & discussion of findings
- Next steps
- Q and A
Dr. Panagiotis Zaharias
Panagiotis started his career as an academic UX researcher pursuing a Ph.D. in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. He worked in several European research projects and after the successful completion of the Ph.D. degree, he started teaching in Universities in Greece and Cyprus. In parallel, he started to provide consulting services on UX Research & Design as a freelancer working with several companies and startups. He is a published author (70+ scientific papers and book chapters) and he has given talks and taught workshops on UX topics at academic & industry conferences around the world. He is also the organizer of the largest UX community in Greece, the so-called Athens UX Community.
- Course materials, slide deck & templates
- Certification of attendance
- Access to theUXProdigy Slack channel for further discussions on the course with all participants