We design products and services to solve real problems and satisfy human needs. This requires a deep understanding of their needs, problems, feelings, and motivations. This is what UX Research is all about. If we don’t do research then design becomes guesswork and we just can’t afford that.
Βut what is the real value of UX Research? How does it fit in the design process? What are the types of UX Research and where to start from?
theUXProdigy offers an online course that covers all the above and will take place over 3 weeks. The course takes a hands-on approach with real-life examples, group-based exercises & activities that can be directly applied to your own projects. Places are limited to 20 people.
The course is structured with 3 x 2-hour workshops + 1 bonus session:
Day 1 - October 8, 18.30 - 20.30 (EEST)
Day 2 - October 15, 18.30 - 20.30 (EEST)
Day 3 - October 22, 18.30 - 20.30 (EEST)
Day 4 - October 29, 18.30 - 19.30 (EEST)
- The practical value of UX Research and the way it fits in the design process
- The main types of UX Research
- How to formulate research statements and questions
- How to create UX research plans
- An overview of the main UX Research methods
- Choosing the right UX research approach
- Tools that support UX Research
This online course is for anyone designing new digital products and services with an emphasis on the following roles:
- UX designers
- Product designers
- Product managers
- Product owners
- Junior UX Researchers
- Software developers
- The main value of UX Research
- Types of UX Research
- How to start with UX Research?
- Formulate research statements
- Identify research goals
- Ask research questions
- An intro to UX research methods
- Choosing the right UX Research method
- Associate goals, research questions and methods
- Putting it all together: Create research plans
- What about the tools for UX research?
- Useful resources to start with
- Next steps
This is a bonus session to discuss any further questions about UX research.
Dr. Panagiotis Zaharias
Panagiotis started his career as an academic UX researcher pursuing a Ph.D. in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. He worked in several European research projects and after the successful completion of the Ph.D. degree, he started teaching in Universities in Greece and Cyprus. In parallel, he started to provide consulting services on UX Research & Design as a freelancer working with several companies and startups. He is a published author (70+ scientific papers and book chapters) and he has given talks and taught workshops on UX topics at academic & industry conferences around the world. He is also the organizer of the largest UX community in Greece, the so-called Athens UX Community.
Copies of slides, and training resources
Certification of attendance