There are over one billion people with disabilities all around the world, or about 15-20% of the population. Because of this number, all those involved in the creation - building a website, app or platform have a great responsibility. But where does someone start, who wants to have their website or web app accessible?
In this UXProdigy course you will get a solid introduction to web accessibility.
- How important it is to have an accessible website / app for people with disabilities and older people
- Which are the common barriers that people with disabilities and older people experience during their visit in a website
- How the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and other components can hep you in achieving an accessible website / app
- How to apply basic principles of accessibility during the preparation of web content
- How to carry out preliminary checks (both easy and advanced) of websites for accessibility and communicate the results
- Web designers / visual designers
- Authors and Copywriters
- UX and product designers
- Product managers and project managers
- Business owners / Startuppers
Panos is a Senior User Experience Designer. He works in the design industry since 1995. He worked as a graphic designer from 1995 to 2000. Until 2008, he worked as a senior web designer for companies such as Cyberce, Actiglobe, IDEAL Group (IDEAL Systems and IDEAL Electronics - Toshiba). From 2008 until 2015, before his current role (Product Design & Continuous Improvement Supervisor), he worked for Greek Yellow Pages as a User Experience Team of One. At that time, he ran his studio and was hired for user experience design projects from companies such as Airtickets.gr, Rascal Advertising, Athens Technology Center (ATC).
He holds a Master of Arts (MA) in visual communication and interactive media from the University of Derby (in collaboration with the Vakalo, Art and Design College). Panos is a dream driven human being, human-centered and data-informed designer. Being a designer, was a dream since he was a kid!
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Certification of attendance
Pizza, refreshments and coffee