Eve Andersson (Director, Accessibility Engineering, Google) said: "The accessibility problems of today are the mainstream breakthroughs of tomorrow".
We totally agree and we add that there are a lot of good reasons why you should care about Web and digital accessibility.
Join us in this free webinar to learn and reflect on this great field.
- The value of Web and Digital Accessibility
- The different types of disabilities
- The common myths about Web Accessibility and design
- Examples of assistive technologies
- Multiple perspectives on Web Accessibility
Everyone who is involved in the design and development of digital products and services.
1. What is web accessibility?
- Why is it important?
- Myths about accessible design
- Discussing the different disabilities.
2. Examples of assistive technologies
- Screen readers and screen magnifiers – in a bit more detail.
- Videos of other assistive technology tools
- Screen reader demo of an accessible page – discuss the benefits.
- Demo of an inaccessible page – discuss the downside.
3. Accessibility from multiple perspectives
- The "common" user
- The disabled user
- The developer of digital property.
- The business people.
- The state or government.
Conclusion – the ramp for disabled people comparison
Nikos is a software engineer with a special focus on Digital and Web Accessibility. His expertise spans more than 15 years in web accessibility evaluation and remediation.
Blind since birth, Nikos is himself a screen reader user. That gives him a unique perspective on how to overcome the barriers that prevent equal access for all on the web.
Nikos is a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals. Besides making the web a more accessible place, Nikos loves, plays, and composes music.
This is a FREE webinar