If your website, platform or app fails to load fast, users will go somewhere else to satisfy their needs. That'a a fact. Thankfully, it's straight forward what you have to (and can) do in order to achieve having a fast website (platform or app). But where does someone start?
In this UXProdigy course you will get a solid introduction to web performance optimization basics.
- Why web performance? Why does it matter? Why you should create websites that load fast?
- Parameters of poor web performance
- Basics of page speed (how browsers render content, page weight, perceived performance, other impacts on page speed)
- How to measure and monitor web performance
- How to optimize images, markup and styles
- What is the relationship of web performance with responsive design and mobile usability
- How to make web performance part of your company's culture and workflow
- How a simple checklist for web performance can protect and/or save your website or app
- UX designers & product designers
- UI designers
- Sofware developers
- UX researchers
- Product managers and project managers
- Business owners / Startuppers
Testing the performance of a real website and apply basic web performance optimization techniques-fixes on it
Panos is a Senior UX - Digital Product Designer. He has worked in the design industry since 1995. He worked as a graphic designer from 1995 to 2000. Until 2008, he worked as a senior web designer for companies such as Cyberce, Actiglobe, IDEAL Group (IDEAL Systems and IDEAL Electronics - Toshiba). He worked for Greek Yellow Pages as a User Experience Team of One from 2008 until 2015, and then from 2015 to 2019 as a Product Design & Continuous Improvement Supervisor. At all this time, he ran his studio and was hired for user experience design projects from companies such as Airtickets.gr, Rascal Advertising, Athens Technology Center (ATC). Currently, he works for OPAP as a Senior UX - Product Designer.
Copies of slides, notes and resources
Certification of attendance
Pizza, refreshments and coffee